Achieve one of the highest distinctions in the investment management profession: Become a Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®). As a CFA charterholder, you will have the knowledge and the skills to thrive in the competitive investing industry.
The CFA charter gives you expertise and real-world skills in investment analysis. Join more than 170,000 professionals who have been recognized globally for their commitment to ethics and professionalism.
Why the CFA Program Is Right for You
As an aspiring or practicing investment professional, you need the knowledge and skills to thrive in a highly competitive industry. The CFA Program is designed to equip you with the kind of expertise and real-world skills in investment analysis that will help you advance your career. Whether you are a practicing investment professional, a student, switching careers or looking to start a career in this field, the CFA Program offers a way to move forward and achieve your professional goals.
What Is a CFA Charter?
A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) charter is a designation given to those who have completed the CFA® Program and completed acceptable work experience requirements.
The CFA Program is a three-part exam that tests the fundamentals of investment tools, valuing assets, portfolio management, and wealth planning. The CFA Program is typically completed by those with backgrounds in finance, accounting, economics, or business. CFA charterholders earn the right to use the CFA designation after program completion, application, and acceptance by CFA Institute. CFA charterholders are qualified to work in senior and executive positions in investment management, risk management, asset management, and more.
CFA Program Benefits
- Demonstrating Your Expansive Knowledge and SkillsDesigned with your future in mind, the CFA Program provides a strong foundation in advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills. Ongoing input from industry experts ensures that the curriculum remains relevant and prepares charterholders to enter today’s market.
- Relevant in a Variety of Career PathsCFA charterholders occupy a range of investment decision-making roles, typically as a research analyst or portfolio manager. CFA charterholders go on to enjoy lifelong careers in asset and wealth management, investment banking, commercial banking, and consulting, alongside a diverse range of career paths in and outside the industry.
- Value in an Evolving IndustryAs a globally recognized credential in the investment management profession, earning the CFA charter demonstrates to employers that you have the knowledge and commitment to thrive in today’s complex and evolving investment industry. The CFA® designation is a mark of distinction, and investment firms know it represents a higher standard.
Tools and Resources for Your Journey to Becoming a CFA Charterholder
Earning the CFA charter requires a commitment to learning and excellence. CFA Institute can help you realize your ambitions to join the global CFA charterholder community with a variety of resources.
- Study Tools: CFA Institute has developed a comprehensive Learning Ecosystem that is available to all registered candidates. It includes an official program curriculum, study sessions for each level, custom study plans, and more.
- Prep Providers: In addition to the support provided by CFA Institute, candidates in the CFA Program can benefit from extra exam prep courses and materials. Approved prep providers are required to meet CFA Institute standards.
- Scholarships: As part of the CFA Institute commitment to promoting the highest standards of professional excellence, scholarships help make the CFA Program more accessible for people who want to advance in their careers.
Are You Ready to Start CFA Program?
Don’t delay; complete your registration to access study materials and candidate resources to begin the CFA Program today.
Learn more about exam dates, costs, test locations, and other important registration details
Source: CFA Website
Please watch below the recording of our CFA Info Session by Dr. Emrul Hasan, CFA, to know more
Disclaimer: CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by FinanceTraining.ca. CFA® is a trademark owned by CFA Institute.